Starting Friday March 21, Xbox One and Xbox 360 players will be able to download the DLC from the Ghosts in-game store without having to buy it for the usual price of £11.59/$14.99. They will then be able to play the DLC pack until Monday March 24, at which point the free trial will end.
Onslaught features four competitive multiplayer maps, plus a new weapon in the form of the Maverick dual-purpose assault/sniper rifle. It also contains the first chapter in Extinction mode's four-part episodic narrative, which is titled Nightfall.
First released on Xbox 360 and Xbox One on January 28, Onslaught hit PS3, PS4 and PC on February 27. The free DLC trial will arrive on other platforms at a later date, Activision said on Thursday.
Infinity Ward plans to release a total of four Call of Duty Ghosts DLC packs. They will be available standalone or can be pre-purchased at a discounted rate when bought as part of a DLC season pass. All Ghosts DLC will release first on Xbox.
Onslaught DLC details
- Fog - A small to medium sized map set alongside the banks of a murky lake, paying homage to classic horror films. If a player finds and completes a specific Field Order, they become Halloween slasher Michael Myers.
- BayView - A close-quarters map set on a coastal Californian boardwalk containing seaside gift stores and an aquarium. Players must be wary of the artillery strike enemies can call in from a Naval Destroyer anchored just offshore.
- Containment - A compact map set in a war-torn Mexican village, with a dried-out riverbed. The action centres on the remains of a small bridge holding a hi-jacked truck filled with leaking radioactive material. Also features elevated rooftop vantage points.
- Ignition - An aging Florida space launch facility, inspired by the Scrapyard map from Modern Warfare 2. Players can trigger rocket test engine sites, sending large fireballs into the arena.
- Extinction Episode 1 - Nightfall introduces a narrative driven by two new characters and featuring two all-new alien species and an exclusive weapon.