DICE has updated the Battlefield 4 Commander app.
The free app enables players to deliver critical intelligence, deploy war assets, and manage squad-based team play from a bird's eye view of the battlefield displayed on their tablet.
The app supports PC, current and next-gen console versions of the game. A full list of changes in the latest update is listed below courtesy of DICE, which says it hopes to add VOIP support on Xbox One "soon".
- Fixed an issue where commanders ended up on the same team after round transition.
- Assignment fixes.
- Support for Naval Strike added.
- Performance optimizations.
- Localization fixes.
- Other minor fixes.
- Gunship VO fixed.
- Added Rapid deploy VO.
- Added background audio for Second Assault and China Rising maps.
UI - New features
- HVT marking is only enabled when actually usable, possible HVT targets have blinking brackets around them.
- Added server name to scoreboard.
- Now displaying soldier names when a squad is selected.
- Squad progression bar added to squads.
- Booster score added to EOR screen
- Added indicator to show which soldier is talking on voip.
- Enabled dropping squad assets on the squad list.
UI - Bug fixes
- Rush defender icons were too large, they are now smaller.
- When the scoreboard is displayed the user can no longer issue orders or use assets.
- Commander can now see when vehicles are firing.
- Increased viewable area on several maps.
- Fixed assets getting stuck when dragged and interupted by proxy attack.
- Fixed issues with the game round timer.
- Fixed scoring widget for Rush.
- Fixed an issue where orders couldn't be given to squads.
- Fixed mute toggle functionality.
- Added options to always show chat and hide chat.
- Improved VOIP quality on several devices.