FTL: Faster Than Light, the critically acclaimed spaceship management sim, will be available on iPad from April 3, developer Subset Games has revealed.
The $10 game is promised to match the same standards as the PC version (released in 2012) but will come with new content such as additional weapons, enemies, items and sectors.
This additional content will be added to the PC version for free via an "Advanced Edition" update.
"We are proud to say that the iPad version is a true equivalent to the PC in the experience it provides, which is why we are price matching to the PC version," Subset Games said.
FTL is also available on Mac and Linux. UK pricing was not announced.
The Advanced Edition additional features are outlined below:
- "Mind Control System: Temporarily turn enemies into allies. Force a boarder to repair the damage they just did, or have the enemy pilot sabotage their own helm."
- "Hacking System: Lockdown and disrupt enemy systems. Unique effects for each system, ranging from forcing a teleporter remove boarders to making the medbay damage instead of heal."
- "New Sector and Events: Our writer Tom Jubert has returned along with special guest writer Chris Avellone (of Planescape fame), who managed to find some time for us between his work on Project Eternity and Wasteland 2. They've been helping us add a new sector and scatter new events throughout the rest of the game."
- "New Weapons and Effects: Many new weapons that take advantage of new mechanics: overcharging to increase the number of volleys, stun effects to freeze crew, and area effect targeting, to name a few."
- "And more systems, drones, augments, enemy ships, enemy layouts, and hostile environments.