3DS retained the top spot on the Japanese hardware chart during the week ended April 6.
Sales of all hardware platforms declined in the first week of the month after Japan increased its sales tax from five per cent to eight per cent on April 1, marking the first rise in 17 years.
3DS exclusive Mario Party Island Tour moved up one place to top the software chart, while Nintendo published Just Dance Wii U was the highest new entry at No.3, according to data from Famitsu, which was republished on NeoGAF.
Weekly software sales / lifetime
- Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS, Nintendo) - 55.067 / 264.590
- Yo-kai Watch (3DS, Level 5) - 27.171 / 679.974
- Just Dance Wii U (Wii U, Nintendo) - 19.970 / New
- Samurai Warriors 4 (PS3, Koei Tecmo) - 19.195 / 208.100
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3, Konami) 18.440 / 206.238
- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (Vita, Sega) - 14.963 / 118.544
- J-Stars Victory Vs # (PS3, Bandai Namco) - 12.910 / 156.102
- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (PS3, Sega) - 11.162 / 72.600
- Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS, Nintendo) - 11.106 / 566.939
- Pro Baseball Spirits 2014 (PS3, Konami) - 11.013 / 101.099
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS - 31.680 (64.632)
- PSV - 24.134 (41.867)
- PS4 - 15.036 (23.327)
- PS3 - 12.120 (17.154)
- Wii U - 7.686 (13.026)
- PSP - 2.242 (4.206)
- Xbox 360 - 178 (304)
- Total - 93.076 (164.516)