Announced in March, Galactic Strongholds will allow players to live on multiple planets, customise their own apartments and launch Guild Flagships.
The early access start date for subscribers was meant to be June 24, but it has been pushed to August 19 to implement new features. Preferred early access and the official launch will now follow in September and October respectively.
"So what does this mean? We are moving the start date for Subscriber Early Access from June 24th to August 19th in order to deliver to you the most features at the highest level of quality. The result will be a far more compelling experience, including additional features such as the ability to place your vehicles and pets in your Stronghold and for Guilds to conquer planets."
Maclean said the additional development time will allow BioWare to add:
- Conquest Events: use the power of your Stronghold to dominate these events and earn rewards
- Guild Flagships will now offer expanded functionality for Guilds:
- Provide powerful buffs to Guild members from orbit
- Transport entire groups to your personal coordinates instantaneously
- Compete in Conquest Events to conquer entire planets
- New Stronghold: Tatooine Homestead
- Vehicles, Mounts, Pets, and Companion Characters can be placed as decorations in Strongholds