The much anticipated PS4 version 1.7 system update is now available to download.
Sony confirmed the official PS4 update features list on Tuesday, but the 194 MB update also adds a number of new fixes and tweaks on top of the previously announced additions.
The full list of changes is as follows:
- Share Factory has been added to the content area. You can use it to add comments and stickers to video clips that are saved on the PS4 system. You can also modify the music and background images in video clips.
- You can now copy videos and screenshots saved on the PS4 to a USB storage device.
- 'Best HD' has been added as a supported resolution for streaming on Twitch or UStream.
- You can now save broadcasts to online services (i.e. Twitch).
- You can now adjust the brightness of the light bar.
- 'Enable HDCP' has been added to system settings (allowing users to disable the copy protection that prevents them from capturing video with an external capture device).
Other new or revised features
- You can now select the length of video clips that can be saved - 1, 3, 5, 10 or 15 minutes.
- 'Capture Gallery' has been added to the content area.
- Screenshots and videos will not be saved when you select Broadcast Gameplay.
- You can now set the audience on Facebook for sharing screenshots and videos.
- 'Indicate blocked scenes for video recording' is turned on by default.
- 'Manage account information' has been renamed 'Link with other services'.
- 'Stop broadcasting' is now under Broadcast Settings.
- You can now share your real name and profile picture with the close friends of close friends (i.e. people you have traded real names with).
- Language, Blu-Ray Disc Management and Allow Internet Connection have been added to Video Playback Settings.
- Login Settings and Delete User are now under the newly-added Users.
- You can now set a screensaver.
- 'From Playstation' has been added to Notifications, letting you receive notifications from PSN.
- You can now sort trophies by rarity.
- Noise Reduction has been added as an option during video playback.
- You can now use the PlayStation App to set your profile picture.
- You can now use the touch pad to operate the software keyboard.
- You can now submit a grief report about an inappropriate profile picture or broadcast.