Yet more Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare information has seemingly leaked online, revealing plot details, characters and gear.
[Update: It's official - head over to the official Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare announcement here.]
Original report continues:
All Games Beta has posted what appears to be an official product description document, which names the game's main antagonist Jonathan Irons (played by Kevin Spacey), and describes the game's 'plausible future' setting, tech and new gameplay features including enhanced soldier capabilities.
This comes in wake multiple major leaks regarding Sledgehammer's debut CoD game, including a Call of Duty: Advanced Warfighter trailer and first info.
Advanced Warfighter serves as a "carefully researched and crafted vision of the future", according to the newly emerging document. Jonathan Irons is the founder of the world's largest Private Military Corporations (PMCs), Atlas Corporation, in an era when PMCs are the dominant military forces of the world.
The game takes advantage of its futuristic setting to grace players with the power of a heavily augmented soldier, equipped with a cybernetic exoskeleton that lets players achieve "boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed".
New futuristic gear including "equipment, technology, perks, and vehicles like hoverbikes and highly specialized drones", are also described.
Players will wield weapons that shoot "standard ammunition", as well an a "new class of directed-energy weaponry that enables totally new gameplay dynamics".
This comes together to provide a refreshing new take on Call of Duty gameplay, promises the document.
"With the advent of the exoskeleton and newly advanced armor and weaponry, every soldier commands tactical freedom in any terrain unlike ever before, fundamentally changing the way gamers play Call of Duty across all modes," it says.
AGB has also posted what appears to be final box art for the game (pictured at the bottom of this report).
Activision announced on Thursday that it would fully reveal the forthcoming Call of Duty installment on Sunday, May 4. According to the leaks, the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare release date is set for November 4 on PC, last-gen and current-gen consoles.
Here's the document as posted in full:
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, developed by Sledgehammer Games (co-developers of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3), harnesses the first three-year, all next-gen development cycle in franchise history.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare envisions the powerful battlegrounds of the future, where both technology and tactics have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Delivering a stunning performance, Academy Award winning actor Kevin Spacey stars as Jonathan Irons - one of the most powerful men in the world - shaping this chilling vision of the future of war.
Power Changes Everything
An Advanced World
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare takes place in a plausible future in which technological progress and today's military practices have converged with powerful consequences.
- In this carefully researched and crafted vision of the future, Private Military Corporations (PMCs) have become the dominant armed forces for countless nations outsourcing their military needs, redrawing borders and rewriting the rules of war.
- And Jonathan Irons, the founder and president of the world's largest PMC - Atlas Corporation - is at the center of it all.
An Advanced Soldier
- Powerful exoskeletons evolve every aspect of a soldier's battle readiness, enabling combatants to deploy with an advanced lethality and eliminating the need for specialization.
- The introduction of this gameplay mechanic delivers enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed.
- With the advent of the exoskeleton and newly advanced armor and weaponry, every soldier commands tactical freedom in any terrain unlike ever before, fundamentally changing the way gamers play Call of Duty across all modes.
An Advanced Arsenal
- Harnessing the power of next-gen platforms, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare brings players into the battlegrounds of the future by boasting a new hi-tech, advanced arsenal and ability set, arming players with all-new equipment, technology, perks, and vehicles like hoverbikes and highly specialized drones.
- Players can also choose between standard ammunition and an all-new class of directed-energy weaponry that enables totally new gameplay dynamics.
- And with exoskeletons delivering a massive force multiplier and unprecedented tactical freedom, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare evolves every firefight.