Mario Golf World Tour was the highest new entry on the Japanese software chart during the week ended May 4.
The 3DS exclusive sold 50,000 copies to debut at No.2 behind Yo-kai Watch, according to data from retail monitor Media Create, which was republished on NeoGAF.
Fellow new releases Touch Detective: Ozawa Rina Rising 3 for 3DS, and the PS4 version of Child of Light, entered in ninth and tenth place respectively.
On the hardware front the platform running order was unchanged, but the new 3DS releases helped Nintendo's handheld extend its weekly lead over Vita.
Weekly software sales / lifetime
- Yo-kai Watch (3DS, Level 5) - 62.777 / 860.824 (+46%)
- Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS, Nintendo) - 49.889 / New
- Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (Vita, Bandai Namco) - 32.512 / 177.541
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (3DS, Square Enix) - 24.908 / 105.431
- Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS, Nintendo) - 22.581 / 343.071
- Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS, Nintendo) - 10.046 / 569.949
- Pokemon X / Y (3DS, Pokemon Co.) - 8.512 / 4.049.142
- Famicom Remix 1+2 (Wii U, Nintendo) - 8.216 / 19.295
- Touch Detective: Ozawa Rina Rising 3 (3DS, Success) - 8.190 / New
- Child of Light (PS4, Ubisoft) - 7.807 / New
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS - 39.623 (33.987)
- Vita - 24.717 (23.942)
- PS4 - 11.486 (12.712)
- PS3 - 9.252 (6.726)
- Wii U - 8.079 (5.710)
- PSP - 2.321 (1.957)
- Xbox 360 - 278 (242)
- Total - 95.756 (85.276)