Blizzard has announced a Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition release date of August 19.
Containing Diablo 3 and its first expansion pack, Reaper of Souls, the product was originally announced for release on PS4.
However, confirming longstanding rumours, Blizzard said on Monday that the title will also be released on PS3, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
It will be available at a suggested retail price of $59.99 on PS4 and Xbox One, and $39.99 on PS3 and Xbox 360.
Diablo 3 characters from the PS3 version will be transferable to either the PS3 or PS4 version of Ultimate Evil Edition, and Xbox 360 characters to the Xbox 360 or Xbox One version.
Those who pre-order the game will receive the exclusive Infernal Pauldrons bonus in-game item. Blizzard says: "Wearable at level 1, these devilishly sharp transmogrifiable shoulderplates provide Health, Life regeneration, and Cooldown Reduction. The key for the Infernal Pauldrons will be available in launch day copies of the Ultimate Evil Edition (cannot be transferred across platforms)."
Blizzard also outlined a number of improvements to the Diablo 3 game experience featured in Ultimate Evil Edition, including:
- A revamp of the game's loot system
- An expanded Paragon progression system for max-level characters
- Adventure Mode: A new game mode that gives players the freedom to go anywhere and slay anything
- Apprentice mode boosts low-level players' power while adventuring with high-level friends, making it easier than ever to play together
- Players will also be able to share treasures with other players on their friends lists via an in-game mail system, including mysterious Player Gifts containing rare loot for the adventurer whose name they bear.
- Bounties: Randomized objectives that reward players in new ways for exploring Sanctuary
- Nephalem Rifts: Fully randomized dungeons offering endless replayability and heaps of loot
- Level Cap to 70: Formidable new spells and abilities that take players to new heights of power
- The Mystic: A powerful new artisan who provides heroes with loot-customization options
CVG's 7/10 Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls review concluded: "Offering rebalanced systems, increased level caps and a new class, Reaper of Souls is worth one last crusade if you can stomach the price."