Sony has released a new Gran Turismo 6 update featuring the introduction of a new car.
The BMW Vision Gran Turismo is a "modern road racer created by the BMW design team, resurrecting the excitement and passion of 1970s touring cars in present day form", European brand manager Penrose Tackie wrote on the PS Blog.
"After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the Vision GT option within the CARS section in My Home. Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the car by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time."
Additional features in the Open Lobby
- Endurance Race has been added to the Room Mode option within Basic Settings of the Event Settings screen.
- Tyre/Fuel Depletion has been added to the Time Trial Settings options (gOffh, gNormalh, gFasth or gVery Fasth can now be selected).
- Start Type has been added to the Race Settings for Qualifier, Time Trial and Drift Trial, allowing you to select from Final Corner Start or Pit Start.
- When Grid Start with False Start Check is selected in Race Settings, signal lights will be displayed as start indicators.
New features added to Replay and Watch Race modes
- Button controls can now be used to switch between Full View and Live Timing, turn the Driver List Display ON/OFF, switch the Information Display and change the target car.
- The Keyboard Switching Feature has been added. A USB keyboard can be used to switch the Information Display and to change the view.
Sony launched GT Academy 2014 in April with a series of online time trials accessible from within Gran Turismo 6.
Created in 2008 by Sony in collaboration with Nissan, the annual international "virtual-to-reality contest" is designed to identify the best Gran Turismo players and enable them to compete to become a professional race car driver.