Blizzard has released World of Warcraft patch 5.4.8, as well as full patch notes detailing the changes introduced in the latest update.
The next major World of Warcraft expansion, Warlords of Draenor, will launch this autumn. It will feature a new continent, let players build and upgrade garrisons, and raise the level cap to 100.
The expansion will also introduce visual upgrades that'll increase the polygon counts of some player models more than fivefold, Blizzard claimed earlier this year.
The Warlords of Draenor Standard Edition can now be pre-purchased at a suggested retail price of £34.99/$49.99. The Digital Deluxe Edition (£49.99/$69.99) contains in-game bonuses for World of Warcraft and other Blizzard titles, each of which will be made available at the time of pre-purchase.
World of Warcraft patch 5.4.8
- Druid: Resolved an issue where Cat Form's movement speed bonus was stacking incorrectly with Warrior's version of Stampeding Shout granted via Symbiosis.
- Rogue: Burst of Speed can now be activated to remove movement-slowing effects even if another movement speed bonus such as Sprint is already present (the speed bonuses will still not stack).
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
- Siege of Orgrimmar
- General Nazgrim: General Nazgrim no longer calls in an additional wave of forces at 10% health on Raid Finder difficulty.
- Garrosh Hellscream: Increased berserk timer for Garrosh Hellscream to 25 minutes (up from 18 minutes) on Raid Finder difficulty.
- All upgradable epic quality items introduced in Patch 5.4 (items found in Siege of Orgrimmar and Timeless Isle) are now eligible to be upgraded an additional 2 times for a total increase of 16 item levels.
- Heirloom weapons awarded by Garrosh Hellscream have been increased by 8 item levels to keep them competitive with the additional 2 upgrade levels given to other items.
- Mistweaver Ai on the Timeless Isle next to the Celestial Court now sells a token called Deeds of Valor for 3000 Timeless Coins. When used, Deeds of Valor grants 100 Valor Points to the character, up to the 1000 Valor Point maximum per week.
- For additional details behind this change, please check out the forum thread titled: Gear Changes in Patch 5.4.8.
- UI Add-Ons are no longer able to update a number of CVars while the player is in combat. A complete listing of CVars affected by this change can be found in the forum thread titled: 5.4.8 Changes to CVars While In-Combat.
- Going to Need a Bigger Bag is now an account-wide achievement and items obtained by all characters on the account now contribute credit towards completion. This means the achievement can be completed by obtaining all the required items across multiple characters instead of having a single character obtain all the items needed.