Guerrilla Games has released a new Killzone Shadow Fall patch.
Among other features, update 1.2 introduces an online collectible system for the first paid Killzone Shadow Fall DLC, the Insurgent Pack. It also makes changes to the user interface and Custom Warzones, while fixing various minor bugs.
New features / improvements
Online Collectible System:
- Insurgent Pack DLC owners now receive a speed boost when they shoot a collectible crate. To offset this advantage, we've also added a particle effect that makes them more visible on the battlefield - even when cloaked. Both effects last until the end of the round.
- The score board is now split up in teams.
- The name of the player that placed the spawn beacon has been added to the spawn select screen.
- A pre-game wait time option has been added to the Custom Warzone creation screen.
- Various minor bugs have been fixed.
The next major batch of Killzone Shadow Fall DLC will introduce an online co-op mode this June. The upcoming expansion for the PS4 shooter will pit teams of up to four human-controlled VSA squad members against AI-controlled Helghast soldiers.
Charged with going behind enemy lines to intercept and relay Helghast military transmissions back to VSA headquarters, players will have different specialisations, from combat focused roles like Assault and Marksman to more supportive ones like Medic and Tactician.