Bethesda has delayed the Evil Within release date by two months, from late August to October 21 in North America and October 24 in Europe and Australia.
Explaining the move, Bethesda said: "Shinji Mikami and his team at Tango Gameworks have asked for additional time to further balance and refine the game in order to deliver the polished, terrifying pure survival horror experience they set out to create."
The publisher has also announced pre-order bonus DLC for the PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC game. The Fighting Chance Pack includes:
- Medical Kit - A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
- Green Gel - Used to upgrade Sebastian's attributes.
- Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells - A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it's useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
- An Incendiary Agony Bolt - Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
- A Poison Agony Bolt - Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.
Here's an excerpt from a new The Evil Within preview published on CVG today, which can be read in full through the link below:
"In large part, it was a bit too familiar, relying too much on Resident Evil 4's conventions as a crutch, and not doing much beyond, and feeling a bit worn and pedestrian because of it. But at the same time there are were also moments of genuine brilliance; the ambient environments, puzzles and mini-stories."