The first Battlefield Hardline gameplay video has been posted online, showing early footage meant for internal distribution at publisher Electronic Arts only.
Following numerous leaks earlier this week, EA officially confirmed that Battlefield Hardline will be shown at E3 2014 on June 9. In a statement the company said that Dead Space studio Visceral Games is developing the title, which is expected to launch this autumn, or spring in Australia.
Hardline will be set against the backdrop of "the war on crime and the battle between cops and criminals." Visceral VP Steve Papoutsis said the studio is "adding new twists and turns to the foundation of Battlefield multiplayer".
Further game details leaked overnight via EA websites have yet to be confirmed. They cover classes, loadouts, game modes, vehicles and more. They also suggest that the game will be released on PC, last and new-gen consoles.
In recent years Visceral has hired a number of developers with expertise in first-person shooters. In September 2013 a Halo 4 lead designer joined the studio, and in February 2012 the company hired Guerrilla Games co-founder Arjan Brussee.