Infamous Second Son debuted at No.2 on the Japanese software chart during the week ended May 25.
It was only outperformed by a new Winning Soccer release focused on Japan's national team. The PS3 version of the football game topped the chart, while the 3DS and PSP editions also made the top ten.
On the hardware front, 3DS remained the top seller ahead of Vita, while Wii U overtook PS3 and PS4 in the week prior to Mario Kart 8's release, according to data from retail monitor Media Create, which was republished on NeoGAF.
Weekly software sales / lifetime
- World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014: Samurai Blue Challenge (PS3, Konami) - 35.656 / New
- Infamous: Second Son (PS4, Sony) - 34.801 / New
- Yo-kai Watch (3DS, Level 5) - 33.974 / 984.009
- To Love Ru Trouble: Darkness - Battle Ecstasy (Vita, FuRyu) - 22.327 / New
- World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014: Samurai Blue Challenge (3DS, Konami) - 16.762 / New
- The Idolmaster: One for All (PS3, Bandai Namco) - 12.488 / 95.883
- Genkai Totsuki Moero Chronicle (Vita, Compile Heart) - 9.492 / 42.450
- Amnesia World (Vita, Idea Factory) - 8.650 / New
- World Soccer Winning Eleven 2014: Samurai Blue Challenge (PSP, Konami) - 7.245 / New
- Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS, Nintendo) - 7.069 / 93.279 (-25%)
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS - 23.224 (23.600)
- Vita - 15.212 (13.865)
- Wii U - 9.024 (6.716)
- PS3 - 7.565 (7.339)
- PS4 - 7.543 (6.792)
- PSP - 1.479 (1.642)
- Xbox 360 - 202 (201)
- Total - 64.249 (60.155)