Priced at £2.99 and requiring Android 2.3.3 and up, Hitman GO is the first completed project from Square Enix Montreal.
It abstracts the franchise's stealth mechanics into a series of tile-based maps built in the style of diorama kits. Players navigate fixed spaces on a grid to avoid enemies and take out targets or infiltrate locations.
CVG's Hitman GO review said "Agent 47 slips onto mobile with perfect execution, but at its core the idea is flawed".
Hitman GO features
- Challenging puzzles that put your assassination skills to the test
- Beautiful scale model-style visuals
- Environments with secret passageways and off-limit areas
- Agent 47's tools of the trade: Distractions, disguises, hiding spots, sniper rifles and even the iconic Silverballers
- Different enemy types with unique and deadly behaviours
- Different ways of completing each level, silently or forcefully
IO Interactive recently released the first concept art for its next Hitman game, while confirming that it won't be shown off at E3 next week. In development for Xbox One, PS4 and PC, the title will star a globetrotting Agent 47 in the prime of his career, fulfilling contracts across "huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels" with the support of the ICA and long-term handler Diana Burnwood.