DrinkBox Studios has announced a Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition release date of July 1 in North America and July 2 in Europe.
Priced at £11.99 / €13.99 / $14.99, the PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Wii U versions of the luchador-themed platform-brawler include a number of new features, which are detailed below.
Guacamelee! launched on PS3 and Vita in April 2013 ahead of a PC release in August. It tells the story of a Mexican luchador wrestler called Juan who has to save El Presidente's daughter from an evil skeleton called Carlos Calaca.
Super Turbo Championship Edition features
- Expanded Story - An expanded version of the game that includes new content and all DLC from the original
- New Game Areas - Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss - Face off against the deadly Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, who helps the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
- New Abilities - Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode and dish out scrambled pain with powerful Chicken Bombs. Plus, swap dimensions independently in co-op play using the new Shadow Swap ability.
- New Enemies - Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
- Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks