Rockstar has released The Independence Day Special content pack for Grand Theft Auto Online to "celebrate the birthplace of freedom in association with Ammu-Nation".
The new content includes the Sovereign motorcycle, the super-sized Liberator monster truck, a high-powered Musket and the Firework Rocket Launcher.
A 'Made in the U.S.A' t-shirt, a mullet and animal masks are also included in the seasonal content pack, which you can download on Xbox 360 for a limited time period (a PS3 version has not yet surfaced on the PlayStation Store).
Rockstar has also released Grand Theft Auto 5 title update 1.15. The full patch notes follow:
- Two new vehicles with permanent American Flag livery have been added.
- Vapid "The Liberator" - An off-road truck, available from the Warstock site. This vehicle is not moddable and is accessed via Pegasus.
- Western Sovereign - This motorcycle is available from San Andreas Super Autos.
Independence Day Special Content
- Over 40 new Independence holiday-themed clothing items, including outfits, have been added to clothes stores for both male and female characters in GTA Online.
- Two new weapons have been added to Ammu-Nation: Fireworks Launcher and Musket.
- Four types of Fireworks can now be purchased from Ammu-Nation. They each come in 3 colors, red, white and blue.
- A new Parachute Smoke color has been added to Ammu-Nation. The color automatically alternates between, red, white and blue: Patriot Parachute Smoke.
- A new tire smoke color has been added to the Mod Shops. This also alternates between, red, white and blue: Patriot Tire Smoke.
- 12 new animal masks have been added to Vespucci Movie Masks. There are 6 styles, each with 2 color variations.
- Four new horns have been added to the Mod Shop. Each horn is part of the Star Spangled Banner song.
- A new Mullet hairstyle has been added for both male and female characters.
- Stars n Stripes Face Paint added to Barber Shop and Salon.
New Features and Updates
- The ability to place and set off fireworks has been added to the Interaction Menu. Players can purchase 4 different types from Ammu-Nation and then access them in their inventory. The fireworks are available for a limited time to celebrate the holiday period.
- Seven new medium and low end Countryside Apartments have been added to the Dynasty 8 website.
- Players are now able to ride on the 'The Leviathan' rollercoaster and 'The Ferris Whale' on Del Perro Pier.
- On Call mode has been added to the 'Quick Job' option in the phone. Players are now able to continue playing in Freemode whilst they are queued up for a Quick Join invite.
- If a player buys a tattoo and then removes it they will only be charged $100 to re-apply instead of the full tattoo cost.
- Players will now receive an increased cash bonus for completing a Survival, bringing up the total amount that can be earned.
- A player's Mental State will no longer increase when killing hostile mercenaries. Also, the increase rate for killing Cops who are chasing the player as a result of being wanted has been reduced.
- Mental state will no longer increase for killing players who have a Bounty on their head or for a player defending themselves when they have a Bounty on them.
- Added the 'Forced Weapon' option to coronas for Versus and Last Team Standing Missions
- Players on LTS are now only able to hear their teammates, bringing them into line with VS and Capture Missions.
- Job entrance fees are now payable when starting a Versus Mission, in order to bring it into line with LTS and Capture Missions.
- The Head to Head and Challenge wager is now taken from the player's wallet and bank.
- The time limit on the Team Selection screen has been increased to 1 minute.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player's car to disappear if they left it at the start of a GTA Race.
- Fixed an issue where the Armored Truck would occasionally not drop any Cash.
- Fixed an issue where Crew tire smoke would not apply correctly.
- Help text is now displayed in the corona if a player attempts to play an animation which cannot be played due to masks / head gear the player is wearing.
- Fixed an issue where splash damage from explosions would apply full damage regardless of distance from the explosion.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck entering their garage if they had requested a vehicle from their Mechanic while another player was in their garage.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for player characters to spawn in Fort Zancudo.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for planes to respawn with their landing gear down in vehicle Deathmatches.
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn with a 4-star Wanted Level if they were killed by Cops in the Impound.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player to become stuck moving to the Leaderboard after completing an Air Race.
- Fixed an issue where split times would occasionally work incorrectly during the tutorial Race.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect scores could show briefly at the start of a Team Deathmatch.
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn inside of, and stand in, vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where a player could receive a misleading Alert screen when attempting to access GTA Online when the Cloud was down.
- Fixed an issue where players attempting to join a Contact Mission would become stuck when too many players were invited.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for players to fall through the world if they entered the PlayStation store whilst in their apartment.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for players to become stuck in their apartments if a friend buzzed for entry and then entered the Pause menu.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck under the map when accepting a cross-session invite.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally be unable to steal High Priority Vehicles from one another after upgrading it.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to enter their garages with NPCs in their vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to send text messages with Chinese characters using their cellphones.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to trap other players in their Personal Vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where the radar could flash up on screen at the start of a Job.
- Fixed an issue where the Rank bar could occasionally show up very briefly during transitions.
- Fixed an exploit where players could spawn UFOs in public sessions.
- Fixed various exploits where players were able to duplicate vehicles.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to respawn in their garages after committing suicide.
- Fixed an exploit where players could get all Barber services for free.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to go off-radar.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to become invincible.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to drive inside their garages.