Konami has detailed the first gameplay information on its next-generation football sim PES 2015.
Confirming that the game will be released on PS4, Xbox One and "additional formats", PES 2015 is centred on the mantra 'the pitch is ours'.
The game is being developed by both the usual Tokyo-based team and the recently opened UK PES Productions studio in Windsor, and "sees a true return to core PES values of total control, super responsive controls and renowned gameplay, where the user has unrestricted control over how they play".
Konami has also revealed that Master League Online mode will feature optional microtransactions for the first time, with the choice to add new players with either accumulated in-game currency or real money.
A list of other new features has been released. These include:
- New Shooting System - Allows a variety of unrestricted shooting styles with precise control over the direction and power of all strikes. Countering enhanced attacking options, goalkeepers intuitively close angles and are capable of a number of ways to react to any situation, including altering their centre of gravity.
- Final Pass - Passing options available to players when delivering a final pass have been expanded, allowing for little knock-ons or searing low passes that use new physics routines to ensure the ball behaves realistically across every situation, providing unique and differing outcomes decided by user actions.
- 1 on 1 - Degree of close control on offer has been reworked. Positioning is vital, but the ability to dribble into space and beat your marker is now improved.
- Improved Response Times - Faster controls allow users to better instinctively react to movement when the ball is in play.
- 'Full Pitch AI' - The game engine now features AI that is constantly adjusted covering everything that develops on the pitch, resulting in players making runs, finding space and marking opponents even when off the screen.
- Close Control - Players have bespoke dribbling skills, as opposed to relying on trick moves. New skills include jinking runs, responsive sprints and a wider range of pace from walking to sprinting.
- Improved Defending - Players have complete control over when to close down, tackle, or hold up play. Successful defending "is based entirely on the decisions the user makes".
- FOX Engine Benefits - Next-gen versions mark the first full implementation of Kojima Productions' FOX Engine within the PES franchise. All graphical features in-game from players, to crowd and stadium now use a single source of real-time lighting.
- Behavioural Patterns - Over 1000 players have been faithfully recreated, with bespoke animations and playing styles.
- Seamless Animations - Movements are calculated in real-time and dependent on the player's position in relation to the ball and its speed.
- Improved Match Atmosphere - The crowd animations have been enhanced, and the ebb and flow of a match is met with context-sensitive crowd effects and movements.
- PES ID Returns - Teams will be set up to play as they do in real-life, while their star players will work within this framework, but will be instantly recognisable via their runs and playing styles. The most notable teams will not only move and find space like they would in real life, they will also defend or attack like them automatically.
- Balance of Play - Teams will automatically adopt their real-life counterparts' game plan, whether it is counter-attacking, out wide, or defensively minded.
- Realistic Abilities - While the world's greatest players are capable of moments of incredible skill, PES 2015 focuses on their abilities as a player instead. Beating a man using pace and close control is key to attacking play, and while only those that can will get away with rainbow flicks it won't always work.
- myClub - Extensive Master League Online overhaul allows players and managers to be added using accumulated GP or via micro-transactions within club dealings. Agents now used to meet player requirement criteria, while unhappy players can upset the balance of a side to detrimental effect. Extends to offline play.
- Live Updates - Weekly data updates constantly adjust transfers and team line-ups in English, French, Italian, Spanish and Brazilian leagues. Player data is also updated based on current performances every week, so if a player is on a goal-scoring streak, his stats will be boosted accordingly in the update. Applied to all online modes and optional within single-player mode.
- Accurate Player Stats - The player parameter system for PES has been completely rebuilt, working with key community sites across the globe to create a more realistic player stats database.
- Adaptable Match Environments - Does your opponent prefer to play a passing game? Then tell the groundsman not to cut the grass so short. Or have it watered to speed up your team's passing play. You can tailor any part of your stadia to suit your bespoke needs.