The next Minecraft Pocket Edition update will add infinite worlds, among other new features.
Mojang has confirmed that the "biggest update ever" for mobile version of the game will be released this Thursday, July 10.
0.9.0 patch notes
- Infinite worlds
- Loads of new blocks and items including Monster Eggs and huge mushroom blocks.
- Wolves! Tame a loyal companion.
- Loads of new flowers! So pretty.
- New mobs, including the spooky endermen and less spooky Mooshrooms.
- New biomes from the PC version, including mesas, jungles, swamps and extreme hills.
- Abandoned mineshafts, villages, and many other cool places to explore.
- A brand-new "interaction" button. Never accidentally punch a sheep again!
- New feature generation, including lakes, vines and monster rooms.
- Many bugs fixed, and possibly a few added.
Minecraft Pocket Edition sales surpassed 21 million units in April, while the franchise was approaching 54 million sales on all platforms combined late last month. The mobile-friendly version of the survival sandbox game is available on iOS, Android and other portable devices.
Mojang has confirmed that Vita, PS4 and Xbox One versions of Minecraft will launch in August.