Watch Dogs reclaimed the top spot on the UK all formats all prices chart during the week ended July 12.
The game held off competition from Sniper Elite 3, which had enjoyed two consecutive weeks atop the chart.
FIFA 14 was a non-mover at No.3, while Wolfenstein: The New Order and Titanfall rounded off the top five.
No new releases made the top 40, according to retail monitor Chart-Track.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10 (previous week)
- 01. Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)
- 02. Sniper Elite 3 (505 Games)
- 03. FIFA 14 (EA)
- 04. Wolfenstein: The New Order (Bethesda)
- 05. Titanfall (EA)
- 06. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
- 07. Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
- 08. Minecraft PS3 Edition (Sony)
- 09. Tomodachi Life (Nintendo)
- 10. Battlefield 4 (EA)
Ubisoft said in early July that Watch Dogs had shipped more than eight million units. The open-world hacking game sold four million copies to consumers in its first seven days of availability, making it the publisher's fastest selling game in week one.