The Last of Us Remastered debuted at No.1 on the UK all formats all prices chart during the week ended August 2.
Retail monitor Chart-Track said the game enjoyed the fifth biggest launch of the year and the fourth biggest PS4 launch to date, just behind Infamous: Second Son.
Watch Dogs dropped one place to No.2 following three weeks at the top, while FIFA 14, The Lego Movie Videogame and Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition rounded off the top five.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10 (previous week)
- 01. The Last of Us Remastered (Sony)
- 02. Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)
- 03. FIFA 14 (EA)
- 04. The Lego Movie Videogame (Warner)
- 05. Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
- 06. Minecraft PS3 Edition (Sony)
- 07. Sniper Elite 3 (505 Games)
- 08. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
- 09. Battlefield 4 (EA)
- 10. Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
CVG's The Last of Us Remastered review said "one of last year's highlights is now one of 2014's best games."