Microsoft has announced the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner.
The firm says it will enable the delivery of live over-the-air digital terrestrial TV through the USB single tuner, acting as an alternative to accessing TV content from a cable or satellite set-top box connected through the HDMI-In port.
The official peripheral will be available beginning late October in the UK for £24.99, and in France, Italy, Germany and Spain for €29.99.
Xbox One Digital TV Tuner features:
- Watch HD TV on Xbox One: With the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner, you can watch free-to-air DVB-T, DVB-T2 and DVB-C television channels without changing TV inputs. You can receive game invitations and notifications while watching TV and even watch TV while you wait for a multiplayer match to start.
- TV Viewing in Snap Mode: You can watch TV using the Snap mode, watching TV on the side and leaving the main screen for games, Skype, or other applications.
- Pause Live TV: Pause your favorite show when you get up to take a break.
- TV Listings in the OneGuide: TV listings will be available in the OneGuide. From anywhere, say "Xbox show guide, what's on BBC One?" to quickly navigate directly to that channel's listings*.
- Favorite Channels in the OneGuide: Create your own personal Favorites in the OneGuide so you can easily choose what you want to watch.
- Channel Tuning by Voice: The OneGuide allows you to call out your favorite TV channel by name and start watching it instantly*.
- The OneGuide on Xbox SmartGlass: Now you have access to the full OneGuide on the new Xbox SmartGlass app with the ability to tune channels on your TV.
- TV On Demand: TV listings in the OneGuide will indicate which shows are available on demand from video apps.
Microsoft is also expected to launch a white Xbox One Sunset Overdrive hardware bundle in October.