The Independent Games Festival is now accepting nominations for new indie games considered the best in their field.
Now in its seventeenth year, the Independent Games Festival has become a breakthrough platform for numerous indie games developers. The event is part of the wider Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, which runs for five days starting on Monday March 2.
On the Wednesday, organisers host the annual IGF Awards event, where the winners of each category are brought on stage to pick up an award, as well as part of a $50,000 prize pool.
The exposure these awards provide can be just as lucrative. Papers Please, Fez, Faster Then Light, Cart Life and Nidhogg are among many acclaimed games which caught public attention for the first time by claiming an IGF award.
Entries for the competition are due by October 22 at the latest (with the exception of the student showcase, with the deadline falling nine days later on October 31).
The full schedule follows.
- August 6, 2014 - Submissions are Open
- October 22, 2014 - Submission Deadline, Main Competition
- October 31, 2014 - Submission Deadline, Student Competition
- January 6, 2015 - Finalists Announced, Main Competition
- January 20, 2015 - Finalists Announced, Student Competition
- March 2 - March 6, 2015 - Game Developers Conference 2015
- March 2 - March 3, 2015 - Independent Games Summit @ GDC 2015
- March 4 - March 6, 2015- IGF Pavilion @ GDC 2015
- March 4, 2015 - IGF Awards Ceremony (Winners Announced!)