The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 topped physical retail sales in US in July, according to the latest NPD report.
This comes as PS4 enjoyed its seventh consecutive month atop the US hardware sales charts. But Sony isn't the only firm that will celebrate a triumph in July; four of the top-10 retail games sold in US were 3DS exclusives, including Tomodachi Life, Pokemon Y, Pokemon X, And Mario Kart 7.
In an accompanying NPD announcement, Nintendo said that more than 40 million 3DS software units have sold in the US since the console's 2011 launch, with nine titles having achieved over a million sales.
New physical software sales totaled around $178.2 million, down from $210.1 million last year, according to NPD figures. It is important to note that NPD does not account for digital software sales.
Here're the top-10 physical retail software titles in US in July:
1) The Last of Us (PS4, PS3)
2) Minecraft (360, PS3)
3) FIFA 14 (360, PS4, XBO, PS3, Vita)
4) Watch Dogs (PS4, 360, PS3, XBO, PC)
5) Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
6) Call of Duty: Ghosts (XBO, 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U, PC)
7) Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
8) Sniper Elite III (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
9) NBA 2K14 (360, PS3, PS4, XBO, PC)
10) Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, 3DS, NDS, PS4, Wii U, XBO, Vita, PC)