Evolve was the big winner at the Gamescom 2014 awards.
The title picked up five awards including Best of Gamescom and Best Online Multiplayer Game.
"We are blown away by the positive reception for Evolve from both the critics and the consumers here at Gamescom," said Phil Robb, co-founder and creative director at Turtle Rock Studios. "Winning the 'Best of Show' award at both E3 and Gamescom in the same year is humbling and exhilarating."
Super Smash Bros for Wii U & 3DS won the Most Wanted Consumer Award in the only public voting category.
The rest of the award winners were decided by a jury comprising representatives of international media, social media companies and gaming communities, as well as entertainment personalities and nine specially chosen members of the public.
- Best of Gamescom Award: Evolve (Take-Two)
- Most Wanted Consumer Award: Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo)
- Best Console Game PlayStation: The Evil Within (Bethesda)
- Best Console Game Xbox: Evolve (Take-Two)
- Best Console Game Nintendo Wii: Splatoon (Nintendo)
- Best RPG: Risen 3 (Deep Silver)
- Best Action Game: Evolve (Take-Two)
- Best Simulation Game: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (Square Enix)
- Best Sports Game: PES 2015 (Konami)
- Best Family Game: LittleBigPlanet 3 (Sony)
- Best PC Game: Evolve (Take-Two)
- Best Mobile Game: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (Nintendo)
- Best Social / Casual / Online Game: LittleBigPlanet 3 (Sony)
- Best Online Multiplayer Game: Evolve (Take-Two)
- Best Hardware: Oculus Rift DK2 (Oculus VR)