The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of FIFA 15 won't include Pro Clubs mode, EA has confirmed.
Pro Clubs lets users create their own player and compete with friends and others in up to 11v11 online matches as they battle their way through a league system of ten divisions.
While the Xbox One, PS4 and PC versions of the game will include Pro Clubs featuring enhanced customisation options and a simplified flow into matches, the long-running game mode won't be available on older consoles.
In a blog post detailing the last-gen versions of the game, EA said: "We're very confident in the amount of innovation and depth we're delivering but there are some things we couldn't do for FIFA 15 on PS3 and Xbox 360, either based on the limitations of these consoles, or our time and resources. Most notably, Pro Clubs will not be a mode in FIFA 15 on Xbox 360 and PS3.
"While some things have to move solely to the newer consoles, the EA Sports FIFA team bringing you a great football experience on PS3 and Xbox 360 have focused on gameplay innovation, Team Management, Career Mode, FIFA Ultimate Team, and authentic leagues, teams, and kits that mirror the game on PC, PS4, and Xbox One."
FIFA 15 Xbox 360 and PS3 game modes
- FIFA Ultimate Team - Loan Players, Concept Squads, Friendly Seasons and Legends (Xbox One and Xbox 360 only). See what's new in FIFA Ultimate Team
- Career Mode - managing your squad and finding players even more authentic.
- EA SPORTS Football Club - share news and interact with your friends, and shop for unlockable items using the new EA SPORTS FC contextual widget.
- Tournament Mode - returns to FIFA 15 with all new tournaments.
- Online Seasons - compete online in a season format. Now with the Guest Play option to compete with friends on your team.
- Online Friendlies - compete online against your friends.
- Co-Op Seasons - compete online with a friend in 2v2 matches.
- Skill Games - new Skill Games added to the popular practice mode including four new games that cover the basics - dribbling, shooting, passing, defending.
- Kick Off - jump straight in to play head-to-head offline against a friend or the AI.
- Learn-to-Play (FIFA Basics)
- Practice Arena - practice 1v1 situations against the keeper.
The FIFA 15 release date is September 23 in North America, September 25 in Europe and September 26 in the UK. The game will be available on Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PC, 3DS and Vita.
EA recently revealed the UK FIFA 15 box art, which stars Chelsea attacker Eden Hazard alongside four-time FIFA Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi.